Unusual low ratings in products

I’ve been receiving unusual downvotes on one of my popular products: Nordic

It’s unusual since those accounts were recently created, they have a strange behaviour since they’re just downvoting themes and upvoting almost the same kind of products(wallpapers and strangly uploaded by one of them)

Check the acoounts creation dates:

Also pay attention to this:

Those are some of the products uploaded by one of them named wrongvictim

most of those products high rated and liked by one of the another account named ALICIATHEKILLER

I’m guessing it’s the same user with multiple fake accounts, could you please take a look to this @justinz @opendesktop ?

We’ll take a look at it soon. But it takes a little time.

I’ll really apreciate that, since since he was exposed he just started throwing hate comments, and obviously created more fake accounts to throw more hate on my themes

he actually accepted that he is doing it deliberately

I’m not saying I can’t stand a low rate in my products(since I’ve received already), the problem here is that ‘those’ users are spamming downvotes in several products without even using them, he is downvoting just for hate.

@eliverlara you maybe want a look here at this link:

Thank you for your information. The team will check the facts and if they show a violation of our guidelines, we will act accordingly.

We will of course delete any inappropriate criticism that is racist, abusive or sexist. We will also delete accounts that are used to campaign against users without further warning. That is the position we take.

However, in this particular case, we feel that with the large number of positive reviews behind you, you may be able to deal with the negative feedback in a more relaxed manner. After all, it’s criticism that drives us and our products forward, not friendly slaps on the back.

What more do all of us need to post up here as virtual proof? This seems like a nightmare, you take the side of someone who has at least four blatant fake profiles that are named the same exact ways with identical user patterns. This is like the easiest instance to see of several policies being breached in pling history. Look at the names, they give it away in there patterns, really, just spend a couple of seconds looking at the names: hasturtheunbeatable & ragnarthemighty and ask yourself, are these not obviously the same person when taken in context with identical outlandish first 1-3 day member behavior and activity. I currently work with three teams on pling and I can’t believe you’re serious. @eliverlara, are catching any of this lunacy? Last time I heard, multiple profiles alone are cause for removal, the rest is ridiculously obvious as well. Were you aware they no longer have the backs of rule abiding, years-long members? I just get this as a slap in the face: Congratulations on your trust level promotion! It looks like it meant to say “we trust a fake disrupter of hard work not you.”

It is unfortunate that you see it that way and obviously I need to work on my communication.
Actually, I assumed that my text contained three points:

1. That the team would look into the allegations and act accordingly.
  2. A warning not to use multiple accounts to harm users.
  3. A perhaps unfortunate encouragement not to take the criticism too seriously because of the many positive reviews.

If these points were not obvious enough to you, or not made clearly enough, then I regret that, just as I regret that you took my text to mean that I was “taking sides”.

Otherwise, I can only repeat what I said at the beginning of my post: The team will look into the allegations and act accordingly. But we will not judge anyone on sight.

Yes, I actually do but when it comes from a REAL user not when it is just for hate as seen.

The same thing happened some time ago and serious actions were taken: SPAM Rating downgrade on popular products , now the acoounts behaviour and activity are even more evident. Just for the record if it doesn’t tell you anything(at least arouse some suspicion) I don’t know what will do it:

Activities of those accounts in my themes:

And now on his own themes:

I know maybe he’s trying to get more “popularity” on his themes but as I said him in a comment that’s not the right way and actually it’s kind of unfair and dirty.

@eliverlara, It was big waste of my time to bring stats to my business job accept to now know your supervisors are now coldblooded on legit product creators and not so bad on for these villein. :frowning:

It seems moderators actually took action on he problem, so your stats actually helped a lot thank you so much to all of you

Oh that is great! Justice was forthcoming after all. That is a good day for what is right, and maybe now no pests pooping on your hard work and pride! Cheers!

Our testing again indicates a “high likelihood” that this user of kavinduyash are the same users of banned hasturtheunbeatable, ragnarthemighty, superchooser & wrongvictim. It is easily noticed that same behavior is all five start out of first couple of day to again put up a crazy number of commits that defy laws of logic x 5. They were take down for fake profile and should do again regardless of happy upvote. Or is this linux shop a fake too? Thanks for making better for linux user/shopper! I like to know things here are not a fake, or why bother?

@eliverlara & moderator, our testing again indicates a “high likelihood” that this user of kavinduyash and greatxfcemperor are the same users of banned hasturtheunbeatable, ragnarthemighty, superchooser & wrongvictim. It is easily noticed that same behavior is all six fake profiles start out of first couple of day to again put up a crazy number of commits that defy laws of logic x 5. They were take down for fake profile and should do again regardless of happy/unhappy upvote. Thanks for making better for linux user/shopper! I like to know things here are not a fake profile/review or stolon bot theme, otherwise why bother with pling store?

Thanks for your information. We keep an eye on it.

and again and again @dschinn-de

and another one:

@dschinn-de and other moderators, please note the four new instances of fake profiles pointed out by @hotspur and @eliverlara, and remove them - they are from the same offender that made the four other fake profiles that you already banned. Additionally, it is apparent that you will need to keep up with this situation, because the offender is not going to stop doing it at this time, apparently.

You are going to have to face this fact and protect us - not them, by ignoring our pleas or giving us platitudes. This will require a proactive and speedy response to each new and obvious fake account that is offending our existing policies - this is called leadership.

The effected themers who have been around for years do not feel safe in our element here anymore. It is because the moderators who can make a difference often choose to pretend like we merely have large egos and thin skin - if this was true, we would have shown those attributes years ago - this is a new condition however.

The themers who are being victimized are artists who depend on a forum that recognizes and appreciates who we are and what we have been bringing to pling for years. We are not petulant children, we are calling on you to make a concerted effort to protect us from the fraud that some disturbed fool has unleashed on this forum. It is not as though we are dealing with someone who is crafty or sly, these breaches are utterly apparent - and to say that the pattern is wholly obvious would be an understatement. It makes no difference that some of the fake reviews are upvotes, these are fake profiles distributing havoc on us.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks moderators for doing the right thing for keeping the integrity of pling store. It looks like attrition will be the factor to get ready for. Only greatxfcemperor is still not dealt with yet, who is indeed is this other five banned profile inventor. You probably want to always get the fakes as soon as they show up, it’s not like it is hard or confusing to always know the signature behavior of cyber offenders. I know that patterns say the true story, it is what I do! :wink: Welcome to your new side job for now!

Hello, is there a moderator here today, please…

I see - a very new user is posting mostly bad reviews. What exactly is the problem? The ratings, the text of the reviews, or the user’s behaviour? Don’t get me wrong, I take you seriously. But I would like to understand exactly what you see as the problem.

@dschinn-de, come on man, you know that we have a lunatic on the loose putting up fake profiles - look at the ones posted above too, some are still active. Here are more created within the past hour or so: