How to return file back from the archive?

I accidentally deleted the old file when publishing an update for product, and not it is listed under “Archive”.

How can I bring the file back, so that users are able to see and download the older version in case they need? Thanks.

At the moment, unfortunately, we have not made the function available to users. But if you tell me which product (preferably the URL) and which file it is, then I as admin can make the file available again.

Thanks for response!

The product is KDE Snap Assist (https://store.kde.org/p/1875687).
The file is:
KDE-Snap-Assist.zip, version: 1.0, description: “Initial version”, 118 downloads, MD5 sum: 50d943ea752b643e1826b0712b79b019

I would be also happy if you could remove all the other archived files, which were my unsuccessful attempts to publish 1.1 update…

I was able to restore the file. Sorry, it took a little longer. Unfortunately, removing the other archived files is not possible at this time. I’ll put this on the ToDo list.

@dschinn-de, is there any update on removing archived files?

We have a built-in auto-update that is only designed to work with versions that are still actively in use. If a user downloads a very old version it may have unexpected side effects.

Previously when we tested this, the archived files were not available for download so there was no potential issue - but it seems access to archived files has been enabled since then. How can we remove access to download old versions to prevent potentially failed upgrades? Is it still impossible?

Unfortunately this is still on my todo list and has been pushed back due to other things. The archived files could not be downloaded for a while and it was a bug that crept in after an update. I can imagine that this is annoying for you. I’ll make sure to implement a solution in time.

Thanks for your hard work @dschinn-de. I know all too well about things getting pushed down the todo list. Your work is greatly appreciated and I’m looking forward to a solution whenever it may be completed.

Do you have any idea of a timeline for when this might be completed? I know timelines are iffy in development but I figured I’d ask.

Thank you again!

We have now introduced a Settings tab when editing a product. Currently the thing has only one checkbox. “Download lock for archived files”. It may be that we still improve the text, but in principle it does what you asked for. It prevents archived files from being downloaded. Sorry it took so long.

Looks great! Thank you so much for your hard work @dschinn-de, and same to the rest of your team!