I wrote you about this before, here To the opendesktop.org site admins: Trolls and Abusers , and asked you to DISABLE NEGATIVE VOTING because there’s NO OTHER WAY to prevent vandals from sabotaging themes (especially the highest ranked ones). You didn’t listen (well, except for that pitiful attempt to allow only “supporters” to vote), and now i just got hit again, together with 4 other top themes, by this vandal ‘bascha’ who just logged on yesterday after 6 months of absence for a new round of banging, here: https://www.opendesktop.org/member/362438/
- please revert this guy’s negative votes, ALL of them, not just the ones from yesterday (his behavior is obvious)
- delete his account
- DISABLE NEGATIVE VOTING!!!
My theme ‘Xfce Evolution’ is #3 in top gtk3 themes (was 81%, dropt to 79% after this vandalism), here https://www.xfce-look.org/browse/cat/135/ord/top/ , and this is my last warning to you, if you do not disable negative voting i’m deleting my account, i’ll move my theme somewhere else, i’ll redd about this, mail about this to top tech sites, you name it, and i’ll do whatever i can to bring all top themers switch away from opendesktop, your lack of/inappropriate reaction w/r to this sort of vandalism is OUTRAGEOUS for us theme creators, i’m not gonna take a single act of vandalism anymore.
Just to make myself as clear as i can:
- negative voting is an invitation to abuse, explain to us (you NEVER did) what are, in your view, the benefits of a ‘-’ button IN COMPARISON to the costs associated with its abusive use
- you can introduce the option of removing a previous positive vote that a user has given (“unlike”), but negative voting should be absolute exceptions and should be reserved for signaling abuses, and for this your users have the [moderated] “report” link, no need for an un-moderated ‘-’ button
- facebook is a living example of a positive voting-only ranking system (with vote removal option, “unlike”), and IT WORKS