Publish plasmoid from another author that has been reported in the past?

Hello, I ported this plasmoid to Plasma 6:

But on the page it says:
“(1 times reported. Product will be validated from our moderators.”

I modified it quite a bit, brought more options, choices and I changed the name.
Do I need to ask permission from the authors? (since I combined several plasmoids into one) and as there was a report on this plasmoid I prefer to ask you before if I can publish on the site.

THANKS.

The software has been published on our website under the MIT license. This is a very free license and should not cause any problems.
What you should note is that it is welcome if the original authors are mentioned. So even if you use freely available software or images. Then you should add a source credit. The product you are referring to has been reported because the author used an existing source and did not cite it in his code.
In addition, the author of Systach Face has also changed the license.
The original source was published under GPL-2.0 license. This is similarly free as the MIT license but still has differences. You can read about it here: GitHub - mjkersey/systach: SysTach System Monitor Plasmoid.
To summarize my long answer: Yes, you can publish it, but make sure the license and credits are correct and the original authors are credited.
Of course, I am not an expert in license law, but I should be roughly right.

Hello,

So I should mention which author? The one who modified the license or the original author? Or both to be compliant?

In my version of the plasmoid I also integrated “Digital Gauge” from another author: Digital Gauge - KDE Store
but this one is under another license “LGPLv2”
In the code it says:
"This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

• it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
  • published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or
  • (at your option) any later version."

So my plasmoid ends up with an “LGPLv2” and “GPL-2.0” license, I suppose I have to put my version of the plasmoid under a GPL-2.0 license, right?

Thank you for your quick response and your time.

So, I would name both authors. So that the chain is complete. And I think you’re right with the GPL 2.0 license. At least that’s how I would do it. As already written, I am not an expert. So this is not legally compliant advice.

Ok, I’ll do it like this.
Thanks for your help, have a nice weekend.