New User; Can't Log into NextCloud (etc.)

I hate the idea of cluttering the forum with yet another post (especially with the forum software nagging me that, yes, the topic is super-similar to a lot of other messages), but I signed up over the weekend and can’t seem to access the NextCloud-related services (files, calendar, contacts, music, and maps). They won’t accept my password, but also tell me that my account isn’t set up for a device login when I try that option.

If there’s a self-serve solution to this that I’ve overlooked, or need to wait longer, I apologize for wasting everybody’s time.

Related newcomer questions, though: I already have Mastodon and Matrix accounts elsewhere, so it’s maybe not as relevant for me, but the questions nag. Should I also already have accounts on those servers, or do I create those manually for the usual reasons? Likewise, should I use those accounts for some Open Desktop-related reason, such as getting announcements that I wouldn’t get at my existing Matrix profile?

Thanks! (Both for providing the services and whatever help I get.)

It’s a known issue that we’re working on fixing as per Can not log in to OpenDesktop.org Cloud. For now I’ve manually synchronised your accounts and you should be able to login to any of the other services, Nextcloud/Mastodon/Matrix now.

Thank you! I apologize for not spotting that thread.

I have same question. Now, I think I already get it. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.