Can I delete my own comments?

Some of my own comments may contain misspelling, erroneous or outdated information. But the only options I see are “reply” and “report”.

Should I report my own comment to have it deleted?

Hi Cipricus,

I can delete your comments. Which one exactly?

Hi.

Thank you, but I am also interested in this as a matter of principle. It is a bit embarrassing, a misspell is always possible, which once sent I cannot correct. I have already made a few edits after posting this here, but I cannot do that there. I find this odd.

As for what more specifically made me ask here, it is not too important, and I don’t know if I can get a link to a specific comment so that I can indicate it to you exactly. It is one before last under here (the phrase “the same color as the main one in the GTK theme” is misleading). And what I would like would be to edit it, although I can write a different one after it is deleted.

Thanks again.

I am not sure where the problem is. When I write a comment as a normal user, I see below my comment buttons with which I can edit or delete my comment.

It is best reliable solution

The lack of being able to edit/delete comments has always bothered me, but I took it as a “feature” of the comment section.
But your post made me extremely curious now. Are there users who can and others who can not use that function?! (sounds like permission issues if you intended for anyone to be able to)
In all my product comment sections I am unable to edit/delete any comment/reply I make, not even right after sending it. Only choices are “REPLY” and “REPORT”.

Hi marianarlt, we do not have delete/edit comment function yet. But your requirement will be forwarded to the Team.
Regards

Please hurry with your comment edit/remove button. It’s 2021 now and there will always be numpties around (like me) who need this feature. Also, can users opt out of the public comments feed on the main product pages? I’ve never really liked that. It’s Great for users product releases/update announcements but thread chats???

You still can’t edit Twitter tweets in 2021. :smiley:

I wouldn’t know. I’m not on Twitter. :wink:

To add (as I cannot edit): Twitter is a global mud slinging arena, so maybe people should have to eat their own words (or delete them). :smiley: