Bamboo GRUB splash

Hello. I just downloaded this GRUB spash, but I have no idea how to install it. where may I find instructions on how to do so?

Hi Randymanme,

we have added some instructions in the sidebar of the grub category:

These are the most common instructions, let us know if they work with the theme you downloaded.

heres an example of a theme i installed, afet downloading, place it in user/share/plymouth/themes… assuming your’e on ubuntu then open a terminal and just replace the name of the theme folder and .plymouth file with your own in the following command
$sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/share/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /usr/share/plymouth/themes/starlabs-logo/starlabs-logo.plymouth 150 && sudo update-alternatives --set default.plymouth /usr/share/plymouth/themes/starlabs-logo/starlabs-logo.plymouth && sudo update-initramfs -u && sudo cp /etc/default/grub /etc/default/grub.backup && sudo sed -i -e ‘s/GRUB_TIMEOUT=10/GRUB_TIMEOUT=2/g’ /etc/default/grub && sudo sed -i -e ‘s/GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""/GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“quiet splash”/g’ /etc/default/grub && sudo update-grub

then just type reboot no need to exit the terminal the PC will shut down and when it restarts you’ll see your nice new boot slash

you need to enter everything after that $ sign as one complete comand.